Nowadays, there are more and more types of plasticizers, which makes many new plastic product companies do not know how to choose when choosing plasticizers. Here are some things to note when choosing a plasticizer:
1. Compatibility between plasticizers and resins. Generally speaking, additives have good compatibility with resins only: the additives can be stored in the product for a long time, stable and uniformly, effectively exerting their effects. Function, if the compatibility is not good, it is easy to cause "sweating" or "blooming" phenomenon, but sometimes the compatibility is not good, the product requirements are not strict, and there can still be poor compatibility, such as filler It has poor compatibility with tree wax. As long as the particle size of the filler is small, it can still basically meet the performance requirements of the product. Obviously it is best to treat it with a coupling agent or a surfactant to fully exert its function.
2. The loss of plasticizer's durability additive is mainly volatilized through three ways. Extraction and migration are mainly related to the molecular weight of the additive, its solubility in the medium and its infertility in the resin.
3. The adaptability of plasticizers to processing conditions: Some resins have harsh processing conditions. If the processing temperature is high, consideration should be given to whether the selected auxiliary agent will decompose and whether the auxiliary agent has a corrosive effect on the mold and equipment.
4. Restrictions on the use of additives to products: Products with different uses have certain requirements on the odor, toxicity, electrical properties, weatherability, and thermal properties of the additives.
5. The synergistic effect and relative resistance in the combination of plasticizers. In the same resin system, sometimes two of the additives will produce a "synergistic effect", which is more effective than using one of the additives alone. .But if improperly mixed, the "antagonistic effect" between the two auxiliaries will weaken the function of each auxiliary, and even make certain auxiliaries ineffective, this point should be paid special attention, such as carbon black and amines or phenolic oxygen The combination of agents will have an antagonistic effect.
Product differences between DOTP and DOPPrevious
Product introduction and performance of refined dioctyl terephthalate (DOTP)